Galaxy S4 - Unfortunately, contacts has stopped working... T-Mobile

stinstack

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a rooted s4 running 4.2.2. I have not frozen any thing or uninstalled since rooting. I have it for the purpose of titanium backup, greenify, and root explorer.. And to increase my knowledge of smartphone technology.
There is a problem ever since I change my number through T-Mobile the other day. I go into batch select mode for multiple email or SMS and every time I do it on my contacts screen or my message screen it freezes and brings me to my home screen with the error message "unfortunately, contacts has stopped working".
I have researched this topic and have pulled my battery out for 40minutes and turned back on. Cleared cache on messages and tried to find a work around. (Originally my problem was discovered from messages going into batch select contacts mode. So I tried to batch select contact for SMS and email through contacts option itself.. Same problem). It doesn't sound like messages is the problem..

Has anyone had this problem and if so can you share.

Thank you,

Sent from my SGH-M919

jbird11671

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. Verizon has replaced last phone and now happening again with new one. Maybe problem with an app but not sure

souilakk3r

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have the galaxy S4 and the latest Android update appears littered with problems. I cannot add a contact as the phone then freezes and eventually says contacts has stopped working.

The only way I have found around this problem so far is to sync contacts eg from facebook. If you have plenty of contacts, many will be without a current associated number. Edit any of those to the name and number required. This has worked for me.

It's a solution but not an answer to the problem. I have read that the 4.3.1 update will be rolled out again with bug fixes. Who knows when.

Cheers guys.

souilakk3r

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Further,

I don't know if KNOX has installed on all updates but it seems to be the problem regarding contacts. If you go into contacts through KNOX you can add and update etc without the contacts has stopped message.

Personally, I think KNOX is a pain and needless, the problem I have is that I can't uninstall it.:eek:

cd247

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the problem since the update. It seems to be a Google contacts/Google sync issue

Posted via Android Central App & Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile network

jbird11671

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I posted thread a while back and finally fixed bugs with galaxy s4 I've been having. 1. Unfortunately contacts have stopped. ...If you download a dialer app you can clear your call log and fixes this (at least so far). 2. My "S" apps were not working. ..go to settings, more, date and make sure there is a date format selected. Hard to believe that is all it took. Both Verizon and samsung were useless. This forum gave me answers. Was about to bring phone back and go apple. Only fixed couple days but seems solid. Good luck

suzychow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Since my Galaxy 3 updated I couldn't dial any phone number without "unfortunately, contacts has stopped working" popping up. I read on the forum to go to date and time and change time format...and that fixed the problem!

Posted via Android Central App

Mahroof Mohammed

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I updated my galaxy s4 value edition , now some pop up msg are appearing. like unfortunately contact has been stopped. so now I can attend call from unsaved numbers... please tell me what to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa