S4 Won't Turn On

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
All,

Have a Sprint S4. Just got the 4.3 update about a couple of days ago. Picked up my S4 not too long ago from someone. It was fresh out of the box. I've had it for about 45 days now. Anyway, I was using it before I went to bed. Put it to charge, went to bed. Woke up (late), and noticed my phone alarm didn't go off. Now, the phone won't turn on. I popped in another battery. Nothing. The batteries are charged, and I believe it can charge, cause while it is plugged in, it does get warm.

Anyway, nothing. Won't turn on. I was reading around, pop the battery out, pop the microsd card out. Wait about 10 seconds, pop the battery back in, hit vol+up(or down), power, and home at the same time until it turns on. Nothing. I was doing it while I was coming to work this morning.

Halp?

Gabe622

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried taking it to sprint? I recently got mine but I use Verizon and I haven't had any problems whatsoever

Posted via Android Central App

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
That is really weird. Yeah, I'd try taking it to Sprint. If you can't, maybe try plugging it into your computer. See if it recognizes it.

SNOOP97DAWG

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
something in the update is causing the failure
i just had mine fail as well took it to verizon and they ordered me a replacement.
there is no fix for this so u will have to take it to sprint and get it replaced since its still under warranty

spookymonster#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just had the same thing happen to me on my Verizon S4 after accepting the 4.3 update last night. Phone was OK for the first few hours after the update. Then it started lagging bad (stuttering audio alerts, waking up taking 1+ minutes) so I rebooted it and it worked fine again. Put it on charger for the night, and in the morning, it was VERY warm and wouldn't wake up. Tried battery pull and recovery button startup.... nothing.

Before the upgrade, I didn't have a single problem with the phone. Weird.

GraduateMTSU

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Mine stopped after trying to upload an upgrade from (Windows 7). It froze at 83% and would not download any further. Ran trouble shooter and the software upgrade was not compatiable with windows 7. Taking it to Verizon tomorrow, to see what they have to say

mgebrosky

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
3 times in the past week mine would not turn on. I pulled the battery each time and it seemed to reset. However this is not a solution. They did this at the Verizon store too. Seems like a bug to me. Any assistance is appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884