Very frustrated and confused. Verizon GS4 freezing and resetting.

IggyBcool

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I got my S4 about two months ago. I had absolutely no problems out of it till about a week ago. It all of a sudden started restarting itself, between 20-25 times a day. Then it started to freeze and would have to do a battery pull. In between all of that, when the phone would actually be functional, I would get a lot of "Unfortunately such and such has stopped working" and mostly would be the keypad, media, and other main OS functions to where I couldn't even restart the phone and would have to do a battery pull.

I went in to Verizon and showed them what was going on and they sent me a replacement phone.....which is doing the same thing again. I went through and deleted pretty much every single app thinking that it might be caused by either a corrupt app or conflicting app with primary stock apps. I have done 3 hard resets thinking that maybe something didn't load properly in my Google account which is causing it. But now its primarily just freezing. I went in to Verizon and they talked to corporate and they said to replace the battery since it was still under warranty.

Though the replacement battery on my replacement device, in the middle of the night, my phone froze yet again. Luckily I woke up minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off for work and noticed that my phone was froze which could have led me to be late for work........again. I have noticed that when the phone freezes while being in asleep mode, there will be the turquoise LED light on solid at the very top.

Can you guys please help me out before I bounce this thing off of a wall?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my S4 about two months ago. I had absolutely no problems out of it till about a week ago. It all of a sudden started restarting itself, between 20-25 times a day. Then it started to freeze and would have to do a battery pull. In between all of that, when the phone would actually be functional, I would get a lot of "Unfortunately such and such has stopped working" and mostly would be the keypad, media, and other main OS functions to where I couldn't even restart the phone and would have to do a battery pull.

I went in to Verizon and showed them what was going on and they sent me a replacement phone.....which is doing the same thing again. I went through and deleted pretty much every single app thinking that it might be caused by either a corrupt app or conflicting app with primary stock apps. I have done 3 hard resets thinking that maybe something didn't load properly in my Google account which is causing it. But now its primarily just freezing. I went in to Verizon and they talked to corporate and they said to replace the battery since it was still under warranty.

Though the replacement battery on my replacement device, in the middle of the night, my phone froze yet again. Luckily I woke up minutes before my alarm was supposed to go off for work and noticed that my phone was froze which could have led me to be late for work........again. I have noticed that when the phone freezes while being in asleep mode, there will be the turquoise LED light on solid at the very top.

Can you guys please help me out before I bounce this thing off of a wall?

Have you tried rebooting into recovery and clearing cache?
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

IggyBcool

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I just did it. When wiping the cache, I noticed that it said completed. But when I go to hit reboot, the android guy gives me an "error" at the bottom of him. Have I done something wrong or is this typical?

IggyBcool

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Well I have literally wiped and cleaned out everything and even deleted all apps and it is still bugging out. Freezing and restarting, shooting many "Unfortunately ***** has stopped working." I've talked to Verizon and they have talked to their 3rd party company and they have pretty much exhausted all possibilities, but havent came to any conclusion nor want to send another replacement phone. Is there anything else to try?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I have literally wiped and cleaned out everything and even deleted all apps and it is still bugging out. Freezing and restarting, shooting many "Unfortunately ***** has stopped working." I've talked to Verizon and they have talked to their 3rd party company and they have pretty much exhausted all possibilities, but havent came to any conclusion nor want to send another replacement phone. Is there anything else to try?

Sorry for the delayed reply. You can try to reflash a stock ROM. This will be like a factory reset.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to samsung updates.com. look for your exact model number and download the file.

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38