Help on data usage

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone

Its day 2 only my data cycle and I'm already at 1.5 gig, I can't paste a picture but there is something called unified daemon taking up so much data, is it the anti-virus? And if so do we need one?

Posted via Android Central App

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone

Its day 2 only my data cycle and I'm already at 1.5 gig, I can't paste a picture but there is something called unified daemon taking up so much data, is it the anti-virus? And if so do we need one?

Posted via Android Central App
You can stop it from using all of your data by going to Settings > Data usage > (3 dots in the top right) and tick "Restrict background data"

Cozzy1306

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.3 on my Samsung S4. It downloaded a system process called "Unified Daemon (EUR)" that processes background news/stock market feeds. Because it chews data at an alarming rate - (1200mb in 2 days), it made me go over my data which made my bill go from ?38 to ?85 in 2 days. This clearly is a system glitch/fault by Google, what were they thinking? It seems to be an issue across most of the forums. Anyway, I managed to turn it off and restrict background data. However, this is Google's fault because if you don't upgrade eventually you start getting issues with your phone. It's not my network operator's fault and thus I think Google are liable and should pay back any overpriced bills (I'm sure they won't). Typical of a large multi-billion dollar company, I cannot find any complaints e-mail address, phone number etc. If anyone has those, please reply to me with it. I'm not giving up on this one - those thieving gits

pandac

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have the same bad experience. This morning the data usage suddenly increased by 4.5GB due to Unified Daemon so that the data usage greatly exceed s the limit. I have pay much more money for this.i have been really consumed. I do believed this is faulty of Samsung S4. I learnt from this lesson. I will throw away this rubbish handphone and back to my iPhone soon. To share this terrible experience with friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non