Do you conserve your battery power?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you do things to conserve your battery power? Screen dim, wifi off if not around a wifi, other things?
Reason I ask is my battery life is horrible. And Samsung at Best Buy told me that this phone had the best battery life on the market.
I ain't seein that. I have to charge mine fully TWICE throughout the day, 6 am to 10 pm. But that's bright screen, wifi/bluetooth on. No data check. I check email/facebook manually.
None of the useless fru frus of multi screen and whatever that hand swipe thing is are on either.
They told me to keep wifi off, well, heck, that'll just eat up data plan??
I came from a Razr Maxx that went for two days without a charge.
But that said, this is the best running phone I've ever had.
After 1 nearly year, thats the only complaint that I have.
So, do you conserve your battery, and just run it wide open and recharge it?
If so, running it wide open, how long does yours last?

Brian Dawson

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I use an app called Juice Defender to conserve my battery. I agree the battery life on the s4 is terrible and I used to have to charge twice a day. I've used a bunch of these so called battery saver apps the only one I've had success with has been JD. That being said they haven't updated the app in ages but don't let that deter you. I can honestly make it through an entire day without having to charge back up. My battery life has at least doubled. Their is a free version or a pro version for like 4 or 5 bucks. I sprung for the pro. I know it sounds like I work for them or something but I really am just amazed at how much it helped with what was once TERRIBLE battery life!

Posted via Android Central App

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I get 10-25 hours easily per charge. The low end days are usually when I've got elevator duty at work so the phone eats up juice playing games/movies while trying to maintain a cell/wifi signal in an arena elevator with the doors closed for 5+ hours. My average day is about 18 hours. And no, I don't use any battery savers and keep almost everything enabled. What I do use is GSAM Battery Monitor. It helped me learn my phone use habits and what apps/functions use up most of my juice, especially if one has gone rogue.

Screen power: ~75% constant (no auto), Wifi, GPS (full), S Beam, NFC, Multi-Window, Data/Sync (9 accounts + 3 email), Air Gestures, Air View, Smart Stay, Screen Rotation. Additionally, I've installed AcDisplay, which gives the S4 a pretty close copy of Moto's Active Display for notifications.

I would give GSAM a look so you can see if you're using your phone to death or if an app has gone rogue and is killing your battery in the background: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&token=kxcqCQm_

Attachments

• 2014-02-22 17.59.17.jpg
    2014-02-22 17.59.17.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 23

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!
I installed Juice defender, see how that goes. But gsm gives the install error in the attached picture?
Because I am not using an SD card, maybe ?

Sincerely,
An amazing S4
Nm.. Cleared cache and it installed.

Attachments

• 1393099170995.jpg
    1393099170995.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 15

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I use DU battery. Some folks don't like it but I've customized it to where I don't have any issues.
mybena7a.jpg

From my S4 to you via Tapatalk 🍻

toober

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't use any type of battery saving apps and usually get 15+ hours out of a charge. That includes around 30-45 minutes surfing, 6 hours of Pandora streaming on my bluetooth, and an hour of phone calls. This phone has by far been the best one I've ever had as far as battery life. Now if I could just find a BT headset that can last as long.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an s3 and had the same issue with battery. I tried everything mentioned and never could get it to last all day most of the time. The cure? Extended battery. I will always do this as long as these batteries suck. My phone gets used hard and easily makes it til I go to bed and then some.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app