Galaxy s4 "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue."

cgtrix44

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. It was rooted. It is not rooted anymore. When it was rooted, I saw the software upgrade came out. Not realizing what would would happen, I tried to upgrade. Obviously, it did not work because I was rooted. So, I did a factory reset (Both through settings and through the power home and volume up button method) So now I was no longer rooted, but when it booted, it still had this custom boot logo on it. So I tried to restore it again and nothing worked. So, I decided that was not a big deal but then I could not sign into google. I had all my credentials right and was on a very secure stable wifi network. So I tried to restore it one last time, this time it would not turn on. It got stuck at the at&t loading animation. So, I tried using kies to update the firmware and now I'm stuck at this "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue." Message and kies is not recognizing my phone. Also, Odin ( I have tried several different versions) stops responding any time I try to use it. So basically, I do not have a phone. I appreciate any help. Also, would rooting it again work? I'll do anything even if it is installing some sort of custom mod, I just need my phone back. (I would prefer it to be stock however) Thanks in advance to any help

It is at&t
Its name is: SGH-I337

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, you can always re-root your phone at any given time that isn't really a big problem. Moving on, if you have a custom recovery installed on your phone, then you can simply go to the recovery and flash in any custom ROM of your choice (I would suggest that you go for CyanogenMod). If after that you're still not happy, google "How to use Kies XDA Guide". Follow their guide, it's quite extensive and would help you update your device from any custom ROM to the latest Touchwiz ROM by Samsung.
If you do not have a custom recovery installed on your phone, I suggest you try connecting your phone to the computer in download mode with Odin and try flashing in a custom recovery. Google TWRP recovery.

cgtrix44

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Okay it says at the top left SYSTEM: Custom so does that mean I have a custom recovery. Several times when it was working and id boot it up it would say recovery mode in the top left in blue. And okay so I should just use cyanagon mod? Sounds good. Once i do that can i unroot it and will it be normal. Or should i just keep using cyenegen mod? Thank you again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress