New to Samsung Galaxy S4 what are some features I should know about

seanwplandry

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey
New to the S4 and just wanted to know if there are any cool features I should know about. Already turned on air gestures. I should also mention I have a Samsung TV and blu-ray player.

Thanks

sent from my S4

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: New to Samsung s4 what are some features I should know about

When did you get the S4?

Haven't had a Samsung in almost a year, and that was the S3. What else would you like to know?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: New to Samsung s4 what are some features I should know about

Congrats on the S4. Still loving mine :)
Pretty cool features (These are some that I actually used and didn't turn off. Didn't find the smart scroll or smart stay to be very useful)
1) IR Blaster. Using the phone as a remote for my TV. Just open the WatchON app and program your TV, and it doesn't even have to be a Samsung branded TV
2) Air Call Accept, this one should be under air gestures. Mostly used it when my hands were dirty from either eating or doing work at home
3) Can't remember the exact name, but it allowed you to view any notifications and the time by waving your hand over the proximity sensor.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

BHOA

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Also new to the S4 world....wife went back to Apple and I got hers from my HTC One X. Still learning but loving it. Is there a built in tutorial?

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Also new to the S4 world....wife went back to Apple and I got hers from my HTC One X. Still learning but loving it. Is there a built in tutorial?

It should show you how to do it when you're turning on the features.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
There's not a ton that I use, but one cool one is when your in someone's messaging thread, and you put the phone up to your ear and it calls them.

seanwplandry

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Cool thanks everyone. The TV remote app was one I could not find on my own. Also, on my email account I am always having to hit show images, is there a way to have this set to do it automatically?

sent from my S4

BHOA

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Cool thanks everyone. The TV remote app was one I could not find on my own. Also, on my email account I am always having to hit show images, is there a way to have this set to do it automatically?

sent from my S4

I had the same problem. In the account settings through the main settings page I was able to select "download images automatically" or something like that.

Sanjay Chandra

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Some nice features :

-You can arrange the shortcut icons in pull-down notification panel.
-Use two fingers to swipe down , to get all the toggles at once.
-Long press menu button to get Google search (when you are in homescreen/widget screen)
-Use volume button to adjust size of font in messaging app
-Long press toggle to directly go into its settings (like long press wifi or BT etc.)
-Multi-window is cool thing to try (watch youtube videos to know more about it)
-Air View is good when browsing (There are lot of options inside Air view , activate webpage maginifier)
-You can use the green icon on "Internet app" to activate reader mode and you can activate night mode using menu key
-Pinch to zoom out of the widget page or app drawer
-Blocking Mode , Driving mode are good too (try them once)
-Use voice commands like "cheese" or "smile" to take pictures

(There are so many , I just mentioned what came top of my head)

refer to this video :

You can mirror your Galaxy S4 songs , photos to your Samsung TV if you have both TV and phone connected to same wifi network.

edit : Can someone tell me what wallpaper that guy is using ?

Last edited: