SG4 Newbie questions

grovep

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have taken delivery of a SG4 this week to replace my HTC One X. Phone is running 4.4.2
I just have a couple of questions perhaps silly that I hope someone can easily answer.
1. There is a small set of icons on the home screen that indicates which of the 5 home screens you are on. I can move it up and down but is there anyway to get rid of it - It seems to take up a fair amount of space and I do not see its value - presumably I can still swipe left and right to change screens
2. I tend to use pop email rather than gmail and receive Google calendar invitations on the email client but do not seem to be able to accept them or even click on the link to take me to the web page. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? Also is there a quick way of marking all messages as read?
3. Also is there a way to turn the shutter sound off or reduce the volume in the camera - I cannot seem to find the setting

Thanks in advance

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have taken delivery of a SG4 this week to replace my HTC One X. Phone is running 4.4.2
I just have a couple of questions perhaps silly that I hope someone can easily answer.
1. There is a small set of icons on the home screen that indicates which of the 5 home screens you are on. I can move it up and down but is there anyway to get rid of it - It seems to take up a fair amount of space and I do not see its value - presumably I can still swipe left and right to change screens
2. I tend to use pop email rather than gmail and receive Google calendar invitations on the email client but do not seem to be able to accept them or even click on the link to take me to the web page. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? Also is there a quick way of marking all messages as read?
3. Also is there a way to turn the shutter sound off or reduce the volume in the camera - I cannot seem to find the setting

Thanks in advance

To answer question 1. No there is no way to remove it, unless you delete all the other 4 windows, and only leave yourself with the main. Which I prefer anyway, but you may not. If you DO want to do this. Tap your MENU button, then tap EDIT PAGE. From there you can drop and drag the windows you don't want to the trash at the top until you are just left with the main window and the create new page window. THAT will remove what you are talking about, but like I said you won't have multiple windows. I just like one page and I create folders. But that's personal preference.

2. No idea, sorry

3. Depends on the provider. But if I actually mute my phone ie. Turn off the sound completely, then the shutter mutes as well. It MAY or MAY NOT on your phone, like I said depends on the provider. There are 3rd party apps you can get to do so if that doesn't work.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance

I have to correct myself, even if you do remove all your pages, you will still be left with the HOME icon. So I guess what I said was pointless. Sorry :(
But if it makes you feel any better I don't think that area could be used either way, as it's a separator for the main icons at the bottom.