What am I missing.

kmn3686

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a new samsung s4 - prior to this phone I had a droid charge, a samsung phone. I am frustrated this is not working. I have tried everything.

Here is what's happening. If I have my wifi on and I do speak to search or speak to text it work as it should, very accurate, responsive,etc. If I disable wifi and use my cell signal it practically doesn't work. Very unresponsive , you say a sentence it will pick up one word maybe and it will be wrong. I don't get it... This same feature worked great on my 3 year old phone. My signal is very strong so I know it's not that. I have toggled settings, for the life of me I can't get it to work. It's frustrating because as soon as you enable wifi it works like a charm.

Appreciate suggestions. I relied on this feature previously, I only feel safe texting when driving if I can do so while speaking. It stinks it no longer works.

Please help

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a new samsung s4 - prior to this phone I had a droid charge, a samsung phone. I am frustrated this is not working. I have tried everything.

Here is what's happening. If I have my wifi on and I do speak to search or speak to text it work as it should, very accurate, responsive,etc. If I disable wifi and use my cell signal it practically doesn't work. Very unresponsive , you say a sentence it will pick up one word maybe and it will be wrong. I don't get it... This same feature worked great on my 3 year old phone. My signal is very strong so I know it's not that. I have toggled settings, for the life of me I can't get it to work. It's frustrating because as soon as you enable wifi it works like a charm.

Appreciate suggestions. I relied on this feature previously, I only feel safe texting when driving if I can do so while speaking. It stinks it no longer works.

Please help

Well, Look @Kmn3686 I think the problem is with you network data connection I think your network data connection in slow as compared with the Wi-Fi . Look I think you know very well that Android devices are just very hungry for the data services, you keep on feeding them the data service but still it seemed that its not enough. I would say you this problem can only be solved if you can speed up your data connection over the mobile network a bit more.

kmn3686

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for reply.. . I understand where you are coming from but I don't think that's it. When testing with my cell data connection, I am using 4g clocking in at almost 20mb download. That should be more than sufficient. Likewise my old phone had no issues when performing same task in similar location with same network, verizon.

I understand speak to text requires strong data connection.. But again all things being equal it worked just fine on my 3 year old droid charge. Appreciate the feed back. Thank you