Galaxy S4 shut down and won't start up again

Titanium101

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So my S4 shut down today and it won't turn on again. I didn't drop it or do anything, I was just on facebook and then I locked the screen. It froze and then shut down. Tried turning it back on, didn't work. Took the battery out and put it back it, didn't work. Tried connect to a PC with it, didn't work. The PC recognized something connected to it but I couldn't access my phone. I tried switching the battery with my brothers S4 but it still didn't work . I tried also doing the volume up + power + home thing. Useless. I'm desperate now. Does anyone know what's wrong with it ?

I assume that it's a issue with the motherboard. The screen and Digitizer were working 100% fine just minutes before it shut down.

I'm going to a GSM service with it tomorrow but I just wanted to consult this forum first.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and boy, that sounds frustrating. What happened when you tried to boot into Recovery (i.e., the Vol Up/Power/Home thing)? Did anything happen? For reference, here's a support page with instructions on how to reach the Recovery menu: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

When you try to power on, does anything happen at all? Does the LED light go on, or do you feel a vibration? If you do notice anything like that, then it may be the screen that has failed. But if absolutely nothing happens, you're right, it may just be a catastrophic failure. Good luck!