Google Now not working via Bluetooth...

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
So I put a new head unit in my truck and have been impressed by its integration with my phone. Audio is crystal clear, call quality is great, and it has a "voice dial" option for hands-free phone use.
The first few days of using the functionality, pressing "voice dial" would bring up Google Now voice search which was great because I could send texts, set reminders, call numbers, etc without touching my phone nor needing to be listening to the Bluetooth audio source.
Today I got in my truck and pressed "voice dial" but Google Now wouldn't come up. Rather than the normal "bah-ding" noise, it said something along the lines of "Say 'Call' followed by a number" in a low-quality synthesized voice. I noticed the voice wasn't the same as Google Now's so I looked at my phone and some search app with a dark background had popped up instead of Google Now.
No matter what I said, it would come back with "Sorry, I didn't catch that".
It heard me speaking but wouldn't recognize it.
This app wasn't S-Voice (I disabled that) so I'm stuck as to why Google Now won't come up as the default anymore.

Does anyone know how to make Google Now the default app when you trigger a voice search from a Bluetooth device?

Posted via Android Central App

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The app that pops up is called "Voice Dialer" and for some reason sometimes it comes up, sometimes Google Now comes up.
I just tested it and Voice Dialer came up the first time, followed by Google Now the next three times.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I noticed if I try to make a call when the screen is locked I get the voice dialer. I get Google now when its turned on. Google now is a much better voice recognition dialer.

P.S. I was having a issue with the search dialer so I went into apps and reset "search" app and at least it does understand me again.