- 22 Posts
APK File is ready to install - I click on install and nothing happens..
APK File is ready to install - I click on it and nothing happens..
S4 - v 4.4.2
The new version of the Chromecast app wasn't in the store yet, so I found the APK Elsewhere.
Downloaded it, chose the "Package Installer" or "Lookout" (doesn't matter) to install it.
Clicked on "install" and nothing happens.
I click on "cancel" and that does work.
NOT a new issue for me.
ALL my Amazon apps that I downloaded at one time, but did not install but are in my Amazon App "cloud" do the exact same thing.
I download the apk but when I click the "install' button, nothing.
I do have the box checked to allow apps to be side loaded.
Never have an issue when I'm downloading apps from the google play store.
Any ideas ?
- 07-17-2014, 11:33 AM #2
- 31 Posts
Re: APK File is ready to install - I click on install and nothing happens..
I had the same problem. Turned out I had an app running in the background (in my case it was the wonderful Twilight, the app that reduces the blue in your display after a certain time at night to help you get a good night's sleep even after "screen time") -I paused the app and the "INSTALL" button worked. If there are any running-in-the-background apps that allow you to temporarily pause them, try that first. If not, go to Settings/more/app manager/running apps and force stop apps until you find the one that may be getting in the way. a simple reboot after you've installed your apk should get everything that's supposed to run in the background back up and running.
- 09-01-2016, 05:08 PM #4
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2015, 02:46 AM
- By w5yjb1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2Replies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2015, 02:59 PM
- By gerryex in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1Replies: 3Last Post: 07-13-2014, 03:48 PM
- By punkrock peacock in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2014, 03:54 PM
- By AC Question in forum BatteriesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2014, 03:41 PM