Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gamebird
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default APK File is ready to install - I click on install and nothing happens..

APK File is ready to install - I click on it and nothing happens..

S4 - v 4.4.2

The new version of the Chromecast app wasn't in the store yet, so I found the APK Elsewhere.

Downloaded it, chose the "Package Installer" or "Lookout" (doesn't matter) to install it.
    Clicked on "install" and nothing happens.
    I click on "cancel" and that does work.

NOT a new issue for me.
    ALL my Amazon apps that I downloaded at one time, but did not install but are in my Amazon App "cloud" do the exact same thing.
    I download the apk but when I click the "install' button, nothing.

I do have the box checked to allow apps to be side loaded.

Never have an issue when I'm downloading apps from the google play store.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

ChasDroid

Default Re: APK File is ready to install - I click on install and nothing happens..

I had the same problem. Turned out I had an app running in the background (in my case it was the wonderful Twilight, the app that reduces the blue in your display after a certain time at night to help you get a good night's sleep even after "screen time") -I paused the app and the "INSTALL" button worked. If there are any running-in-the-background apps that allow you to temporarily pause them, try that first. If not, go to Settings/more/app manager/running apps and force stop apps until you find the one that may be getting in the way. a simple reboot after you've installed your apk should get everything that's supposed to run in the background back up and running.
    Thanked by:
    ChasDROID likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: APK File is ready to install - I click on install and nothing happens..

Thanks so Much !!!

Copy Bubble was the culprit (Great app). Had to stop it. Now Installs work ok

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Chasdroid