Proper way first time

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. So for several reasons I am going to do a factory reset on my Unrooted Galaxy S4. I do not want to miss anything so I am asking for some guidance. What exactly should I do in order to make this as painless as possible. Now I have several apps on the SD card. I do believe I can figure out how to backup up on my PC with Kies. My concern is about the apps, their data and how things are split on the memory of the phone between the internal storage and the SD card. Again, before I pull the plug I just wanted to make sure I do everything correct in order. Thank you for your help in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never had to deal with it before, but if you wanted to be safe, you could look through all of the apps that are listed as installed to SD, and move them all to Internal Storage before doing the factory reset. Or you could uninstall them first. That way, you won't have to worry about any leftover app data on the SD card that might cause problems with you try to reinstall the app.

I would also suggest unmounting and removing the SD card before going the factory reset. It's not supposed to be affected, but I've seen a few too many posts here about people who lost data on their SD card after doing a factory reset while it was still inserted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo