Software Updates question

StFrain

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
So I recently had a small run in that half *** bricked my phone. I had been using android 4.4.2 for the longest time, go to sleep one night, wake up with 4.4.3, no more root, and no more login abilities for my main Google account.. Killing the access to YouTube subs, the Play Store, and of course generally logging into the account period. After about 6 hours or figuring out what way I can fix my phone that would be efficient and fast, I ended up just going the normal route, flashing 4.4.2 Att stock ROM with Odin. Everything works post flashing, so all issues are resolved and I'm now rooted again and everything works. (except my SIM card ejection issue)

So the big question I'm leading up to is..
Is there any way to LOCK... my phones current build state.. ie: preventing a freak accident update that ruins everything again.. Because after waking up today, and seeing that it was prompting for the 4.4.3 update in my notifications.. I'm starting to slightly flip out.. All I want is the update prompts to go away, and possibly be locked from even working unless I direct it to work from an app or root tweak or something?? Anyway, thanks ahead of time for any help provided.. Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App

Edit: I found an article explaining the process to delete the software update, preventing the update and the prompts that comes with it.. I can't post the link here from what I understand so if someone could look over it somehow I can direct you to the link another way.. Thanks.

Last edited:

StFrain

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, this is the best community I've ever joined. I'm getting SOOOO many replies on my simple question. Any mods or admins, delete this.. I'm done here.

Posted via the Android Central App