Why aren't I receiving texts from my worried mother's iPhone?

Lydia Byl

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Not receiving texts from my worried mother's iPhone.

So I went against the mainstream flow of adolescent phone choices and decided to purchase an android rather than an apple for my first phone. I love it and wouldn't choose the iPhone over it for the world. (That's a lie, I might, having the world would be pretty cool). I had 0 problems with it until now, I cannot receive texts from iPhone users. Which is really distressing for my overly cautious and adorable mother that MUST be able to reach me at all times. I've googled this problem on several occasions and it seems that the only other people experiencing this problem are android users that made a serious upgrade from an iPhone and still had their iMessaging turned on. This is obviously not the answer for me, as I never tainted my cell phone user history with ownership of an iPhone.

Techies of the internet, I plead with you to help me solve my tragic predicament so my mother will once again be able to reach me, AT ALL TIMES.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not receiving texts from my worried mother's iPhone.

Are the iPhone users sending the messages as iMessages? If so, they need to send them as regular SMS. Only iPhones can receive iMessages. So the problem is most likely on their end, not yours.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Not receiving texts from my worried mother's iPhone.

Is your phone number new or was it 'inherited' from someone? The problem might be that your phone number is registered with iMessage, even if it's your first phone.

Also, when your mom sends you texts on her iPhone, are the bubbles blue or green? If they're blue, the number is being recognized as an iMessage number. If it's green, your mom's phone SHOULD be fine and then the issue is, indeed, with your number/phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87