GS4 Battery Problems.

Alex Puni

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought an S4 today and i already have 2 minor problems -had, actually- now it's only one:

The first problem was that the phone kept restarting itself when i was not using it for 3-4, sometimes 10 minutes. I solved that by updating all the apps that needed updates in the Play Store.

The second problem is still here. I got home and my battery was around 40%, i went outside for about an hour and when i got back it was at 9% so i plugged the charger in and i kept using the phone, but the battery was still draining, so now i have to not use it so it can actually charge... Is this some hardware problem or is it caused by KitKat?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The stock charger and cable should be able to charge it even when it's on. (Current into the battery = <about>1200mA - the amount being used by the phone - which shouldn't be more than about 700mA. I'd bring it back - with the charger and the cable - and ask the carrier to figure out what's wrong and fix it, or replace it. (I ran KitKat from when it came out until now [I hate Lillipop], and never had that problem unless I was running so many transmitters [Bluetooth, phone call, wifi, all at once with weak signals] that I was the cause of the problem.)

Alex Puni

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Oh well, thanks, it seems better now anyways. I'm on my phone right now and charghing it, with no problems besides that it's really slow.