Galaxy 4 12 Initial screen with lines and flickering screen. Once fully up, screen flickers. What do I do?

A

AC Question

Galaxy 4 12" Initial screen with lines and flickering screen. Once fully up, screen flickers.

Galaxy 4 12" Initial screen with wavy lines and flickering screen. Once fully on, flickering screen and occasional wavy lines. Was going to reset battery. Got as far as taking tape off 3 cables strips , taking out and then couldn't locate tiny phillips head to unscrew the screws. Put everything back as was and put cover back on. Wouldn't turn on. I had a very hard time putting 3 cable strips back where they were. In fact, I don't think I was able to lock them. I believe I put them in correctly, possibly without locking in so I used electrical tape and taped them down but not at where they insert, more towards the center. If cable strips are in correctly but not locked in, would that account for not being able to power on the tablet? And if so, how do I lock those cable strips in?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy 4 12" Initial screen with lines and flickering screen. Once fully up, screen flickers.

Welcome to Android Central! First, are you talking about a 10.1" Tab 4 or Note Pro 12.2? You posted in the S4 forum, which is a phone--there are no 12" S4's, and the main 12" Samsung devices are the Note Pro 12.2 and Tab Pro 12.2.

Second, I would have suspected a problem with the screen, rather than the battery. It sounds like you've dug a bit of a hole with your attempted repairs. At this point, if you want to salvage the device, you may just want to bring it to a repair shop so that they can fix the cable issue, and then see if the screen needs replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty