My laptop can no longer 'find' images on my Samsung Galaxy S4, why?

A

AC Question

My laptop can no longer 'find' images on my Samsung Galaxy S4

Until recently I was able to transfer photos from my phone using the USB cable. Now, when I try to transfer pictures, the laptop obviously recognises an external device is connected but when I click to import, a message appears saying there are no images on the device. The photos are obviously there and they upload to the cloud and can be sent via email or Whatsapp. Why had the USB link stopped working. My laptop uses Vista. Can anyone help?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: My laptop can no longer 'find' images on my Samsung Galaxy S4

Until recently I was able to transfer photos from my phone using the USB cable. Now, when I try to transfer pictures, the laptop obviously recognises an external device is connected but when I click to import, a message appears saying there are no images on the device. The photos are obviously there and they upload to the cloud and can be sent via email or Whatsapp. Why had the USB link stopped working. My laptop uses Vista. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried installing Samsung Kies on your PC to see if that updates the drivers for the phone.

Samsung Kies, Free Download Kies 3, Latest PC Suite, Mobile Software, Window 7 PC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non