Photo/Video upload Issue??

Arturo Andrade

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I just wondered if anybody else has had this problem. I synced my S5 to my pc to upload some photos/videos. When my pc is finished importing my photos all kinds of other pictures and screencaps show up. For example, a whole bunch of screenshots of games that i do not play or have on my phone. Also, audio files from my GPS (turn by turn audio), and pictures that have "allegedly" been erased. It is very annoying...... So, has anybody else had a similar issue? Do I need to transfer my photo/video files to an SD card and upload it to the pc that way (if i can). I've tried looking for those other weird pics on my phone's gallery and other places and I can't find them ANYWHERE!! Plus, I know these lousy unwanted files are just taking up space. Thank you all in advance for your help!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Which method are you using to back up the files? If they are transferring to your PC they are SOMEWHERE. Most likely in hidden folders in your phone.

If you use Google+ auto-backup, there's an option to back up just your camera folder or to do so with all media from any other folders (you can further select which ones if activated).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you're using the Import Photos function on Windows Explorer. That will bring in all images including thumbnails and images used by apps. I suggest just using Windows Explorer to manually select which photos you want to copy to the computer, and drag and drop them. Don't bother with the Import Photos function.