Annoying Screen Awake/Sleep Sound

fidds

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey there. Have an active on the telus network, think it's 4.4.2. Last week out of the blue, whenever I put my screen to sleep using the side button, a weird little "blurp" sound chimes in. Then when I wake the screen, enter my code, and putz around for 2-3 seconds, it chimes in again. I have tried everything I know to turn it off, but it is still there. Any ideas? If I turn off all sound it goes away, but that's all I can do. Help!

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It should be an option in Sounds and Notifications (under 'Other Sounds'). Make sure SCREEN LOCK SOUND is checked off.

fidds

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Checked that. It is off. The only thing I have checked is haptic feedback. Even when I turn it off it still makes that sound.

Posted via the Android Central App

fidds

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Haha. When I turned it on. It played 2 different sounds, the one I'm trying to get rid of then the one that is stock on the phone when you enable that screen lock sound. WTF. Lol

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, so we're getting somewhere then. You have two DIFFERENT sounds. That means the lockscreen sound is not coming from the system. Do you have any apps that might be controlling lockscreens or notifications?

What about if you enter your phone in safe mode (no 3rd party apps should run at boot), does it do it?

fidds

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Just entered safe mode. 5 seconds after I wake screen, that same sound! Grrrrr. Take it out of safe mode, 5 sec nods after I enter my code, same sound. 🔫

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So it's related to Location Services? And you didn't update anything? That's so odd!! Might want to try factory-resetting your phone, but still weird that it's happening out of the blue!

fidds

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup. 100% location services. No updates at all. I'm still waiting for lollipop for the active, and my carrier hasn't updated in a long time. No idea why GPS only gets rid of it. But it does.

boomer222

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
In transparent clock and weather I turned off the 'play a sound when location changes' and this stopped the sound. You can leave the location service on.

OneRuler

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for posting this. Brand new phone, have been testing out different weather apps and lots of other stuff all at once, and could not figure out where this annoying sound was coming from. Was driving me mad. You're a lifesaver. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty