Sandisk MicroSD Card can't access on phone

JTGATL

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S5 active and just bought a SanDisk 128gb microSDXC UHS-I Card with adapter for my phone. It says right on the front of the box that it's ideal for Android powered phones. When I put the SD card in my phone, I cannot access it and the phone won't allow me to see it. The only thing I can do is go into Settings/System/Storage/ and go to SD Card. From there if I click Mount SD Card it give me a thing that says'...

"SD Card Safe to Remove; You can Safely Remove SD Card"

It won't allow me to access the card's memory. I have inserted it into my computer and moved files on and off, so I know the card is good. What am I doing wrong? I've even tried to download a few different sd card apps from the Play Store with no success. It's really depressing having spent all that money on a card and it not working.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is the SD Card formatted as FAT32 or ExFAT? If not, the phone won't be able to read it.

When you insert it, do you see a notification pop up on your status bar? If you go to the My Files app (or File Manager, don't know what it's called on the S5 Active), do you see an External SD card or something similar there?

JTGATL

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Is the SD Card formatted as FAT32 or ExFAT? If not, the phone won't be able to read it.

When you insert it, do you see a notification pop up on your status bar? If you go to the My Files app (or File Manager, don't know what it's called on the S5 Active), do you see an External SD card or something similar there?

It shows up on my PC as exFAT @ 128gb free space.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you not able to see the card in the phone's File Manager? Does anything pop up on your phone when you connect it?

JTGATL

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Are you not able to see the card in the phone's File Manager? Does anything pop up on your phone when you connect it?

Well it's the Galaxy S5 Active so I have to connect it with the battery out, but if I open the back and slide the SD card out of the slot a little bit to unplug it then back in it tells me the following....

Preparing SD Card
Blank SD Card
SD card is blank or has unsupported file........

It then offers to format the SD card. If I choose to do that, it'll say "SD card safe to remove: You can safely remove SD card". Then nothing happens. If I go look for anything related to the card in Storage, I don't see anything.

When I go into "My Files" then Local Storage only shows "Device Storage". If I go in there, I don't see anything related to an SD card.

When I go into Settings/System/Storage/SD Card, the only thing I see is the option "Mount SD Card". When I click on that it says "

"Total Space"
"Calculating"
"0.0B"

Then nothing else happens.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... that's odd. Do you have any other microSD card you could try? I wonder if it's the 128GB that's throwing it off. I doubt it, since the S5 was able to use 128GB cards, but can't hurt to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87