Who's going to buy a Galaxy S5?

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hell yeah I will currently own an s4 flung to wait and see what its Going to have if not with out a doubt going to the note 3

Posted via Android Central App

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Currently own an S3. Plan to jump to S5... Unless Samsung somehow makes this phone a total lackluster, but so far from the the "rumor rabbit". This phone will be beastly.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For work I have an iphone and I honestly thought I "could" get by with a single device but after a month with it I am happily looking for the GS5 to arrive and will carry 2 devices. I just can't live with the 4" screen anymore.

alhc78

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Me! I can't wait! I have a upgrade on the 8th of march and I signed up for the $50 off any cell phone at best buy. All things at the perfect time for this upgrade. Love my Nexus 5 but do miss my S4.

Posted via Android Central App

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have put my S4 up for sale and am using my galaxy nexus for the next couple weeks until the S5 comes out. I am not dead set on the S5 as the QHD screen is really scaring me away as battery life will suffer enormously. Another thing is the shutter lag on the S4 is really annoying, the 5S has no shutter lag and I highly doubt the S5 will be able to eliminate shutter lag with a 16mp camera. Maybe another manufacturer wows me but for now it looks like the S5 will be my next device assuming Samsung fixes the issues present on the S4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Me too they are offering 10 Gigs with unlimited talk n text for 3 lines for $145

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Or 4 for $160 right? Sounds like a damn good deal if you don't mind being on a contract :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For me its a solo smartphone account now, moving my Verizon Home Connect to Ooma and my tablet to just wifi and tether if needed. Still will save pretty decent amount that way.

rogerc3

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been waiting patiently since my upgrade date last October. All the rumors told me that this was going to be my introductory android phone, currently on BB. However,with all the latest rumors i am becoming less enthralled as the great specs are dropping back. Looks like a reworked S4 now. It's not like I have to change phones. As someone earlier said, now it is a wait and see what it really is going to be.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been waiting patiently since my upgrade date last October. All the rumors told me that this was going to be my introductory android phone, currently on BB. However,with all the latest rumors i am becoming less enthralled as the great specs are dropping back. Looks like a reworked S4 now. It's not like I have to change phones. As someone earlier said, now it is a wait and see what it really is going to be.

Even if it's a spec bump from the S4 I think you'll really enjoy it coming from a BB device. Are there any other devices on the market that have peaked your interest?

I got a N5 in November, so won't be getting a new device anytime soon unless we renew contract with Sprint. Hard to say if I will get another S device or possibly giving HTC another go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Even if it's a spec bump from the S4 I think you'll really enjoy it coming from a BB device. Are there any other devices on the market that have peaked your interest?

I got a N5 in November, so won't be getting a new device anytime soon unless we renew contract with Sprint. Hard to say if I will get another S device or possibly giving HTC another go.

Agreed. It would only be a disappointment if it was an incremental upgrade from their current phone, not the previous iteration of the phone. I think it will be a substantial spec bump coming from any BB device :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on it once AT&T announces the date. Now I won't make the mistake I did once before with pre-ordering before moving over to a carrier. That resulted in them charging me for the 2 weeks the temp phone #'s were active but clearly unusable. No thanks, I will just walk in and buy it on launch day.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am on it once AT&T announces the date. Now I won't make the mistake I did once before with pre-ordering before moving over to a carrier. That resulted in them charging me for the 2 weeks the temp phone #'s were active but clearly unusable. No thanks, I will just walk in and buy it on launch day.

There will be no issues, that I can see, with in store inventory on release. I'd do the same as opposed to pre-ordering the device.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
If it looks like the s3 and the s4 no. I want to see what they do with touchwiz and if it still lags the system like crazy. They have a lot of work to do to redeem themselves after the s4. I was a big fan of samsung, but after the s4 it made me think twice about buying another samsung.

rogerc3

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Possibly the HTC One. Not looking to have anything with a bigger footprint than the S4. It is a comfortable size in my hand. My first intro to Android was a tablet a year ago and I will definitely stay with Android. I am also with big red so that will tend to sway me a bit. Love AC as it gives a great board of opinions from novices to knowledgeable folks. I am one that researches stuff way deep.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If it looks like the s3 and the s4 no. I want to see what they do with touchwiz and if it still lags the system like crazy. They have a lot of work to do to redeem themselves after the s4. I was a big fan of samsung, but after the s4 it made me think twice about buying another samsung.

What didn't you like about the S4? Rather, what do you want to see the S5 do differently?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: I'll buy a Galaxy S5?

I think that's great and many people will feel the same way. I have a feeling the S5 is going to have some nice attributes though I have no facts upon which to base that on. However, I do think it's unfortunate that when people feel the same about, say, iOS products they're labeled as, what's the term...ah...'iSheeple' or something like that. From what I've read I fear the S5 is going to have that Magazine UI and be even further away from what we know to be android. ...but if so, it will be an interesting tool for those that want to fidget with it.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Last edited by a moderator:

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: I'll buy a Galaxy S5?

I owned the Epic 4G, then the GS3, when I bought the GS3, I told my wife that my next phone would probably be the S5. When the S5 comes out, I will go to a store and I will test it out, I need to know the size, I need to know what it will have and how good it will be before I drop my money on it. To me phones are getting too big, and that is going to be a factor when I go and test out the S5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member