Comparing of Flagships

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Comparing the outgoing flagship of the S4 to the S5, what features both hardware and software do you think will stay? What will change? I am really hoping for on screen softkeys like the Nexus line.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
For some reason I think Samsung really likes their physical home button. I've grown used to it but I don't think others like it as much.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I think Samsung really likes their physical home button. I've grown used to it but I don't think others like it as much.

To a degree it makes sense if you want to attract iPhone users. Gives them a sense of familiarity.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its time to move on from the home button and hopefully they will start their new design language. I haven't hated it but change is beneficial so long as it adds something.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
To a degree it makes sense if you want to attract iPhone users. Gives them a sense of familiarity.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Yeah. I don't think they'll be getting many more iPhone converts though. At this point most users have established themselves as either iOS/Android/Other fans. They need to appeal to the current Android fans to get them to convert from other OEMs, and a lot of people prefer the on-screen nav buttons

Sent from my XT1056 using the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I don't think they'll be getting many more iPhone converts though. At this point most users have established themselves as either iOS/Android/Other fans. They need to appeal to the current Android fans to get them to convert from other OEMs, and a lot of people prefer the on-screen nav buttons

True. And the Nexus and Moto X are doing a fair amount of attracting other users too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
True. And the Nexus and Moto X are doing a fair amount of attracting other users too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Yup. They were enough to get LG to use on screen buttons on their new phones and it looks like we might see it on the next HTC flagship

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its time to move on from the home button and hopefully they will start their new design language. I haven't hated it but change is beneficial so long as it adds something.

I agree. They need to start thinking about the people upgrading from the S3/S4 and what the competition is doing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non