Separate sounds for messages, notifications, and emails?

tomadamsphoto

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie to Galaxy phones or android for that matter. I am trying to make my sounds for messages, emails, and notifications different but if I change the notification sound it changes all of them. If I change the messages sound it changes the notification sound also.

While I have figured out how to get the sound for individual contacts I cannot find the way to get this to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted via Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie to Galaxy phones or android for that matter. I am trying to make my sounds for messages, emails, and notifications different but if I change the notification sound it changes all of them. If I change the messages sound it changes the notification sound also.

While I have figured out how to get the sound for individual contacts I cannot find the way to get this to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SMS & notifications is same, email is different and is set within the email settings for each account under notification sound and S planner is similar

or

You can also set them under sound settings/Samsung applications call/messages/email/s planner

tedesco

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Some (not all) applications including Facebook, twitter etc, have notification settings within the app which you can change the notification tone for those apps specifically.

There are also apps in google play that will control this for you - show you a list of all your apps and change the notification sound. Problem is they all have bugs, and don't play nice with other apps (like sound profile apps).

I love my GS5 but noone does profiles like blackberry did. I would seriously pay $20 for an app that did everything blackberry profiles did including proper bedside mode (dock it and sleep). Some good developers on the Google, so I am guessing it is impossible.

SIOP

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can set them all to be different. You can even have personalized text message alerts for different contacts.

Dallan1008

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I Downloaded an app called Mega Sound which allowed me to customize all my APP Notification Sounds. Seems pretty silly but it worked for me.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
For Galaxy phones, go into your contacts, pick a contact, pick the pencil icon to edit. Scroll down to "Add Another Field" button, click on "Message Tone" and even "Vibration pattern". Click OK, takes you back to edit contact. Now pick a unique ringtone for the "Ringtone" & "Message Tone" fields and set a unique Vibration pattern for that field. Now when you are using the standard texting program "Messages" by default it will ring accordingly to how you have your contacts set up. If it doesn't work you are using the wrong messaging program and/or some dumb useless program you downloaded for ringtones. Get rid of those and just put your own ringtones on your phone manually (like you should), it is easy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana