Switched from M8 to S5

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Took the M8 back to T mobile and cancelled with them. Went to AT&T bought the S5. Liked the M8 but it was way to slick and didn't really like the sense. Really liking the S5. Got the 10 GB family plan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Took the M8 back to T mobile and cancelled with them. Went to AT&T bought the S5. Liked the M8 but it was way to slick and didn't really like the sense. Really liking the S5. Got the 10 GB family plan

So you find the S5 to be easier to hold and use?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

The M8 is definitely a slippery device. No grip at all. Looks nice...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how you like it

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I added a line to AT &T and got the M8 last week, but this weekend I exchanged it for the S5 and I am so much happier. Don't get me wrong the M8 is a GREAT device! But it was very hard to hold one handed. The S5 is much more comfortable in my hand.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I actually went the opposite way. Been a Sammy guy for the last 3 phones. After having the M8 for a week I love it. To each their own. 'Merica" The land of choices :) Both great phones for different reasons.

Giving the S5 to the GF incase I wanna swap back and forth ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I hope you aren't as disappointed with AT&T as I was. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life, the only time I ever received decent customer service was when they got on their knees begging for me not to cancel. Even then they still couldn't come close to the monthly bill I get from T-Mobile.

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I hope you aren't as disappointed with AT&T as I was. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life, the only time I ever received decent customer service was when they got on their knees begging for me not to cancel. Even then they still couldn't come close to the monthly bill I get from T-Mobile.

I really like AT&T. Had a horrible first experience with T mobile. My plan is actually gonna be cheaper with AT&T becuz I get a 20% discount

GS5

SanDeggo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I really like AT&T. Had a horrible first experience with T mobile. My plan is actually gonna be cheaper with AT&T becuz I get a 20% discount

GS5

I was paying about $80 a month through AT&T for 450/unlimited data and text, after a 23% discount through my work as well. Through the company I work for we have a corporate website that we use where the unlimited everything plan for a single line is $50 + 15% off and I got the 5MB high speed for $20 + 15% off/month through T-Mobile. So overall I am saving $20 a month for a much faster data plan from what I have noticed and the most important part that I posted in another thread is that I actually get service in my home which I didn't before with my iPhone 5 on AT&T's network. Could be the phone that helped, but I can't really be sure. I fully understand that service in another city could be a different experience, but this is what I have noticed for me.

AT&T is a good company, I made a mistake and put my phone in the washing machine and I guess my expectations of customer service are a bit higher than most being that I work in a customer service based position. In my opinion, someone who has been a member for 13 years should get a 1-time exception for a mistake. I wasn't looking for a free phone replacement (I actually put my budget at $200), but I wasn't looking to pay $350+ taxes for an iPhone 5C with 8GB when I had an iPhone 5 32GB. I was really disappointed, and I know that it wasn't the employees, but it is the company policies that made it so that they were shackled down to give a great customer experience. So I went and had the phone restored at a great local shop and they made it a brand new phone. Because of my experience, I chose to go a different route. T-Mobile had great rates and the Galaxy S5 that I wanted, seemed like a good fit. :)

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I was paying about $80 a month through AT&T for 450/unlimited data and text, after a 23% discount through my work as well. Through the company I work for we have a corporate website that we use where the unlimited everything plan for a single line is $50 + 15% off and I got the 5MB high speed for $20 + 15% off/month through T-Mobile. So overall I am saving $20 a month for a much faster data plan from what I have noticed and the most important part that I posted in another thread is that I actually get service in my home which I didn't before with my iPhone 5 on AT&T's network. Could be the phone that helped, but I can't really be sure. I fully understand that service in another city could be a different experience, but this is what I have noticed for me.

AT&T is a good company, I made a mistake and put my phone in the washing machine and I guess my expectations of customer service are a bit higher than most being that I work in a customer service based position. In my opinion, someone who has been a member for 13 years should get a 1-time exception for a mistake. I wasn't looking for a free phone replacement (I actually put my budget at $200), but I wasn't looking to pay $350+ taxes for an iPhone 5C with 8GB when I had an iPhone 5 32GB. I was really disappointed, and I know that it wasn't the employees, but it is the company policies that made it so that they were shackled down to give a great customer experience. So I went and had the phone restored at a great local shop and they made it a brand new phone. Because of my experience, I chose to go a different route. T-Mobile had great rates and the Galaxy S5 that I wanted, seemed like a good fit. :)

Yeah I got insurance through the Next program

GS5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall