Maybe I turned off LTE accidentally?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 5S had LTE just about everywhere around town. With the S5... Nothing. Have not seen it since the day I brought the S5 home. All it says is 4G and not 4G LTE. Is there a way to turn LTE on and off like on my iPhone 5S? I can't seem to find it.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy S4 Active picked up LTE with no problems at all. The S5...Nothing. So no, it's not T-Mobile.

Go to your settings, More networks, mobile network, and check that Network Mode is set to LTE, it just happened to me today although I swear I didn't change anything on the settings myself, but weird, it wasn't selected.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Go to your settings, More networks, mobile network, and check that Network Mode is set to LTE, it just happened to me today although I swear I didn't change anything on the settings myself, but weird, it wasn't selected.

Thank you! It was checked off. And there is no way I did that on my own. How strange.

Anyway, I am good to go now and LTE is up and running. Much thanks!

snichols2668

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
How about the Galaxy S5 active. I just checked the settings and their is no setting for LTE. I have not had a signal for LTE since I purchased the phone 5 weeks ago ATT carrier.
Thank You
Scott

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've always had the LTE icon but checked my mobile networks to see what it was set to. It was on Global. LTE was enabled. Changed it to LTE/CDMA and still have the LTE icon. What's the difference and should I have it on Global or LTE/CDMA? I live in a rural area and am not a "globe trotter" ;)