Screen turns on when I get a text

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I've looked in the settings and can't find anything about it. If it bothers you that much you can download a 3d party messaging app like Go SMS or Handecent. I never though about it until I read your post. It's strange that there wouldn't be a setting to turn that off.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Kind of a backwards way -- but would it work if you disable notifications in stock messaging but use light flow to assign a color and a sound? I would try it right now but it's midnight and I don't think anyone is in the mood to text me back haha.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just tried it and nothing. The screen still comes on. I had a Nexus 4 before I got the S5 and the native Android messaging app actually had a setting to either have the screen come on or not.

Kind of a backwards way -- but would it work if you disable notifications in stock messaging but use light flow to assign a color and a sound? I would try it right now but it's midnight and I don't think anyone is in the mood to text me back haha.

Amanda Davis6

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My screen doesn't light up when i get a text, I've selected to show on lock screen but nothing happens. I still recieve texts and text sounds but that's it.

Posted via Android Central App

Mark_C

May 4, 2012
Visit site
My screen lights up too.

Related question: If you receive a text and don't touch the phone the screen turns off, this is ok, however the LED notification light is not on. If I go settings -> display -> LED indicator the notifications option is ticked.
Missed call does exactly the same - no LED indicator.

I don't see any other setting I need to turn on.

Is this the same for anyone else ?

Chris Hawk

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It's because the galaxy s6 and some others use their own text messenger instead of the base android one(and theyou disguise it to look like the android one). just search Messenger and look for the one made by google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non