Question about fingerprint scanner

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am contemplating getting the Samsung Galaxy S5. Previously I have used Windows phone. I have been watching various Youtube videos of the fingerprint scanner and I have a question.

Do you always have to press the home screen button when the phone is in lockscreen before swiping your finger? I'm really sorry if this sounds dumb, it's just that after watching various videos, it appears that sometimes people are swiping straight from a black lock screen to unlock it to home screen. Most of the time in most videos, people are first pressing the home button and then swiping. But sometimes they're swiping straight from the lockscreen. Or so it appears to me.

I'd appreciate if you could clarify this for me. Thank you.

jeffrich21

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe the phone needs to be "awake" before swiping the scanner. I press the power button then swipe my finger. I just tried doing it without the phone being awake and did not work for me.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi there

The scanner doesn't turn on until you wake up the phone either by pressing the power/lock button or the home button

B Posey

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The easiest way for me to do it is taping the home button and then slide your finger over the scanner. Swiping your finger over the scanner when the phone is sleep definitely does not work...

Posted via Android Central App

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi there

The scanner doesn't turn on until you wake up the phone either by pressing the power/lock button or the home button

Thanks everyone. I think I know what happened. I saw videos where the same person was pressing the front home button, but also pressing the power button on the side. It's just that when they are holding the phone in their hands, they can press the side buttons without it being obvious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87