Camera question: Can I set my phone so that the volume button isn't used to take photos?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Galaxy S5, but I do have an S4. If you go into the camera app settings, there should be an option to select what the volume key does. Unfortunately I can't tell you where to look because they really changed the camera app between the S4 and the S5. It's in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

covard

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I pressed the little gear thing. It brings up the settings. On that , there were lots of boxes. One of them said "tap to take pics." I turned mine on by tapping that box. It turned it on.

Maybe that will help.

diamondRanch

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I want to disable the "press volume key to take photo" option and just use the on-screen button. Is this possible? TIA!

The settings in the camera have a couple blank spaces, which hopefully in future updates might be filled with the volume keys preferences. For now I don't see how you can change them.

Posted via Android Central App

Deniz Genc

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
In an update they took the setting off for some reason but if you on audio zoom on it will zoom instead of taking photos.i have an s5

You are welcome

bbbbrett

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Same here, really annoying, I don't like touching the screen and smudging it. The more you touch it the more the chances are it will get scratched, maybe that is why they changed it. So we ruin them asap and have to buy another one.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Nope you can't turn that sound off, They made a Snap sound inside your camera, so other people know you make a photo, just for the privacy of other people, if you would like to take a photo without sound, just open snapchat, take a photo and save it..

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
yes you can remove the volume key option and the sound option. Go to camera and click on settings you will see an option to change what the volume key does and it you want a sound or no sound when picture is taken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana