Wifi issue at Work or public?

Surend ran

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I am looking at forums and on the internet, its everywhere now.

S5 is having problems with connecting to Wifi? I bought S5 a week ago. Till today morning I dont have any problems in connecting to different Wifi networks.

All of a sudden, Wifi at my work not connecting to internet

I tried disconnect and reconnect
1.Rebooted twice
2.Airplane mode on and off
3.I saw that changing connect IP from DHCP to static might work, but unfortunately I dont see the connect button enabled when I change from DHCP to Static, So this one never works for me.
4.Forget and connect to Wifi also not works

Why this sudden problem where I found earlier today Wifi was just fine at my home.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
Suren

Russ556

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having pretty much the same issue. I got the phone during the weekend and it worked great on my wifi at home.

Today I go into work and I could connect to the wifi but it would drop out within a minute of each use. I would stay connected but my internet and music would stop working.

I switched from an iPhone 4 which had no problems at all anywhere in my work place (i work in a school). Also, I work with someone who has an S4 and someone who has an S3 and neither of them had any problems with their wifi connections today.

If I don't solve this issue within a week I will be returning my phone. I don't want to have to pay for extra data when I know I'm in wifi coverage.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having this issue as well. After a few minutes of being on wifi, I won't be able to transfer data even though I'm still connected to the network. Just another of the many issues I'm having with this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Check this setting... Go to wifi... Hit your menu button and go to advanced and then disable this option.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1400507378323.jpg
    1400507378323.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1400507388444.jpg
    1400507388444.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Check this setting... Go to wifi... Hit your menu button and go to advanced and then disable this option.

Yeah I already have that disabled. Also, the problem isn't that the device is switching from wifi to mobile data (as per that setting), but rather that no data can be transferred over wifi.