Galaxy S5: Want Email Push to activate screen/ringtone when the screen is off...

thepun13

May 16, 2014
Visit site
What's up guys? Can anyone help with this?

While my screen is off I want my phone to:
  • Make a notification sound.
  • Wake up the screen.
  • On-screen prompt that I received email.
Basically just want to have enough info so I can decide if I want to unlock my phone to read it or not.

Other info:
My phone is encrypted.
AT&T so no root access.

I don't want to keep turning it on to see if I have a notification. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You can have the LED indicators blink to let you know you have a message waiting.

You can have the telco app wake up the phone and present you with the name of the caller, I programmed the Home Key to answer the phone so no unlocking required to do that.

I don't want email to do anything, so have that turned off. I did look at MyMail notification settings, it can do a lot, but I have all notifications turned off on my phone so it can't do anything anyway.

I see that NiLS Floating Panel was suggested while I was writing this post.... that looks like a good option to try. However, I did see where someone says it doesn't work with the S5.... please come back and tell us your results with trying on your S5.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non