Is S5 capable of playing music from a micro SD card through the USB port?

samger2

May 29, 2014
Visit site
On my S2 I was able to use my phone like an ipod...I kept my micro SD card packed full of albums and all I had to do was go into settings, change the USB connect mode (basically) and the radio instantly recognized the music and I could shuffle through.

I can't seem to do the same thing on the S5...is it no longer capable?

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
You have a radio that has a USB port and you'd like to connect your S5 to it to play music and your music
is on your external SD card, right? I was able to do that with my Razr on ICS and JB but with KK, who the heck knows!
I gave up on that anyway. I didn't like the way it sounded but it was an inexpensive little clock radio. Instead I bought
a Jawbone Jambox BT speaker and am very happy with it :)

samger2

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes that's exactly what I'd like to do. My Kenwood radio has a usb port on the front and with my S2 I was able to plug right into it, change the usb settings to mass storage (I believe) and use my phone just like an iphone/ipod. Sound quality was great, it charged the phone and I could control the music directly through my head unit.

I guess if all else fails I'll install an app that changes the root and allows it through KK...we'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress