Make Chaton the default messaging app

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
These are the only options available for defaults

Posted via Android Central App

I am not familair with Chaton but just read the features it has.

If you go to Settings/Applications/Applications Manager/ALL

then scroll down thru the apps and Turn OFF the message apps you don't want, that will force Chaton to be available as an option. That is what I had to do to make GoSMS Pro my default. When the phone realizes that Chaton is the ONLY available SMS app it has to use it.

Bridgette Woodruff

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I am not familair with Chaton but just read the features it has.

If you go to Settings/Applications/Applications Manager/ALL

then scroll down thru the apps and Turn OFF the message apps you don't want, that will force Chaton to be available as an option. That is what I had to do to make GoSMS Pro my default. When the phone realizes that Chaton is the ONLY available SMS app it has to use it.

I turned off all defaults and tested. I didn't receive any of the text messages sent to me. I also don't show any options under my defaults for messaging. Do you have a G5?

Posted via Android Central App

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It should look like this if you have run chat on once at least I have never used it but I still get the option after install

Try deleting and re installing

Screenshot_2014-05-31-11-00-55.jpg

Bridgette Woodruff

May 30, 2014
Visit site
@AZgl1500 I've turned off all stock messaging app notifications and uninstalled. I then re-installed Chaton. Once I did this I opened Chaton and sent a message to an existing contact. I then went to my default messaging app settings and there was no options. I also had someone send me a text that is using a stock messaging app and I didn't receive their message.

I've also tested leaving the default messaging apps installed but turned off their notifications. No luck.

I did download GoSMS Pro and this app shows as an available option in my messaging defaults.

Could the issue be the Andriod version I'm running? I have a Samsung Galaxy 5 and running 4.4.2.

Thanks for your assistance!