MMS Over Wi-Fi? (T-Mobile Galaxy S5)

Kaitlin Elizabeth

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I recently returned to the galaxy realm and invested in a Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile. I love the phone overall except for one problem--the texting. I had a horrible experience switching to android from iPhone and had to switch my number to get texts from my family and friends. This seemed to solve the issue for a little while, until recently. I feel as though I cannot use a third party application for texting because I have bad service at my house and thus try to utilize the Wi-Fi calling feature to send/recieve texts and MMS over the Wi-Fi signal. I constantly worry I'm missing texts. If I'm included on a group text, I get "Message not found" and "Permanent failure" messages from some of the participants. Does anyone else have this problem on T-Mobile? I'd like to be able to utilize the customization features Android is known for (i.e. use third party texting apps) but I feel like I am being prohibited from doing so :(

Thanks,
Katie:)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Call T-Mobile and ask for a Cel-Fi signal booster. If you have a qualifying plan (any Simple Choice plan will do), they should send you one of these units free of charge--you only pay shipping, which for me was $7. You don't pay anything as long as you don't break the thing, and you have to return it if and when you leave T-Mobile. It boosts voice signal significantly, as well as HSPA+ (but not LTE). T-Mobile Cel-Fi Signal Booster | T-Mobile Support

Kaitlin Elizabeth

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks ! I'll look into it
Call T-Mobile and ask for a Cel-Fi signal booster. If you have a qualifying plan (any Simple Choice plan will do), they should send you one of these units free of charge--you only pay shipping, which for me was $7. You don't pay anything as long as you don't break the thing, and you have to return it if and when you leave T-Mobile. It boosts voice signal significantly, as well as HSPA+ (but not LTE). T-Mobile Cel-Fi Signal Booster | T-Mobile Support

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer