When will AndroidCentral create carrier-specific S5 sub-sections in this S5 forum?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
When will AndroidCentral create carrier-specific S5 sub-sections in this S5 forum?
(for example, like the ones under the Galaxy Note II and 3 forums)

Thanks! :)

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
This was already asked and answered.
If I recall correctly the answer was no, there will be no sub groups.

oh... does that mean they'll combine all the threads in all the different carrier-specific
forums into one? (i.e. Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile/Spring Note 2 and 3 forums into one
giant one?)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This IS a S5 (not Note 2 or 3 or any other device) specific forum. Someone already suggested breaking it into carrier specific groups but most thought (including myself) that it would be detrimental to the forum. What (I) think would be a good idea is for there to be a line in our profile (under our profile picture) for our carrier's name :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
oh... does that mean they'll combine all the threads in all the different carrier-specific
forums into one? (i.e. Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile/Spring Note 2 and 3 forums into one
giant one?)

To my knowledge they will leave those alone. I'll ask Paul though as he is the best one to answer this question.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
(for example, like the ones under the Galaxy Note II and 3 forums)

Thanks! :)
This is ultimately up to our Community Manager, James Falconer on this but James and I do brainstorm over these situations quite often. We have in the past broken up the forums into specific sections i.e. " Sprint Galaxy S4, Verizon Galaxy S4, etc. " and we have also left some alone into one general forum i.e. " Galaxy S3 ". From a personal standpoint I see it good and bad. Good is it breaks it down and if the community does utilize it and post in the proper forums it eliminates the question of " what carrier, variant of phone ". Other hand though, it fragments our forums more and more and makes things at times very difficult to navigate especially when you start to add sub forums like " Sprint Galaxy S4/Rooting and Hacking " or " Sprint Galaxy S4/Accessories ". Its one of those double edged swords we often struggle with. But we will take the request into consideration as we always do :)

This was already asked and answered.
If I recall correctly the answer was no, there will be no sub groups.
Thanks, yes we did decide in the past not to do it but that isn't to say we won't revisit the idea if the demand is great enough. ;)

giant one?)
No we would never combine multiple devices into one forum, i.e. " Galaxy S3, S4, S5 forums ". That would be a complete nightmare !

To my knowledge they will leave those alone. I'll ask Paul though as he is the best one to answer this question.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
Thanks for the heads up Almeuit!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
As a moderator on another forum, I get that question a lot there too.

I personally view it as bad.

Why?

Because fragmentation reduces the flow of traffic so much, the forums die.

With everything in one basket, the activity level stays up and more intelligence results from the mix.

I vote that it be left alone just like it is now.

If it gets fragmented, I will quit posting again, just like happened with the Verizon Fascinate 'Galaxy S' was broken out into a sub-forum. The forum died, and I left.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I think they should make a Sammy central forum separate from Android central! Or they could name it touchwiz central! I mean as awesome as you all are, it's the least they could do! Not to mention you wouldn't have to deal with us inferior phone using crowd!

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana