Chase mobile *check deposit not working

Pixiuser

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone have issues using chase app to deposit check ?

I tried several times to take image front and back still it does not recognize and to retake. I tried with my ipad it worked on the first try.

Thank you!
Gian

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Has worked perfectly for me every time with my GS3. Make sure you have the check laying flat and that you are taking the picture without holding the phone at any kind of angle. Also make sure that all 4 corners get into the picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I know my PNC Virtual Wallet App doesn't work (the wife's doesn't either), it seems to take a picture of the front OK but the back is all blurry. However, the PNC Mobile App works fine. They both used to work with my GS3 before.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
has worked perfectly for me every time with my gs3. Make sure you have the check laying flat and that you are taking the picture without holding the phone at any kind of angle. Also make sure that all 4 corners get into the picture.

Sent from my samsung-sgh-i747 using tapatalk

precisely what he said.

.ONE OTHER THING, NO SHADOWS ALLOWED.... you must have bright even lighting that does not glare.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am with a credit union and just used their mobile app to deposit a couple of checks.

All went well, as it normally does.

Chase will eventually get it fixed.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Does one have to endorse on the back of the check before taking the photo? Maybe its required and some folks are not doing it.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Does one have to endorse on the back of the check before taking the photo? Maybe its required and some folks are not doing it.

Absolutely!

You must sign it, and note the account that the check is to be deposited to.

I do that twice:
  • On the front in the memo line. This is for me to see what the check is for
  • On the back below my signature (I am told by my bank manager, this is the only place the banks will honor the account number)

If you don't indicate the account for the deposit, it will default to the base account in your name, and that will be a Savings Account. Not your checking account.

This caused me problems once, so be wary your checks are properly signed and the deposit acct # indicated on the back.

Lukio

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Then why don’t discuss with credit union establishment. I had a similar condition where there were some issue with the mobile banking app and i had to discuss with my credit union company which is Aspire FCU in New Jersey. I would advise you the same as well

Dr J39

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
This is still a problem a year and a half later. Takes the front picture, but unable to focus on the back. This for Chase app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo