- 06-19-2014, 09:12 PM #2
The bloatware isn't going to slow the phone down, but some of it will use up a lot of battery and data.
Amazon Suites is the single worst app in that regard IMO.
I'm Verizon, but this is my list: ATT probably don't have most of these.
I have turned off the following on a Verizon phone:
Accessories, Amazon, Amazon App suite, Amazon Kindle, Amazon MP3, Appstore, Audible, BlurbCheckout, Bubbles, FamilyBase Companion, Flipboard, Message+, Messages, MyMagazine, NFL Mobile, Picasa Uploader, S Health, Smart Remote, Travel Wallpaper, Verizon Support & Protection (McAfee), VZ Navigator (pay for fee Navigation.... Google maps is free)
Google branded that I turned OFF:
Calendar Sync, Contacts Sync, Play Games, Play Movies & TV, Play Music, Play Newstand, Hangouts, Isis Mobile Wallet
- 06-19-2014, 09:15 PM #3
- 06-19-2014, 09:17 PM #4
- 06-19-2014, 10:36 PM #5
- 06-20-2014, 07:26 AM #6
- 06-20-2014, 07:31 AM #7
- 06-20-2014, 07:40 AM #8
- 06-20-2014, 08:17 AM #9
- 06-20-2014, 08:20 AM #10
- 06-20-2014, 08:50 AM #11
- 06-20-2014, 09:16 AM #12
but I wish to clarify one point that has not been properly described.
- This will only stop the current running of the app, it does NOT disable the app from running again.
- It will restart when activated again either by you, or another app that does a sub-routine call to it.
- Apps that are part of the ROM that came with the phone can be turned OFF, but cannot be uninstalled. The effect is to remove them from operating memory, but not from storage space.
- This is for apps that you have downloaded and were not part of the phone as delivered from the factory. They will indeed be uninstalled from both memory and storage space.
- By Northern.dj in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 07-19-2016, 06:46 AM
- By snadvi in forum T-Mobile LG G2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Is it possible to root Galaxy Note 3 and delete all of Samsung's bloatware except for s-pen softwareBy Jas00555 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 06-03-2014, 02:36 PM
- By Grimgrak in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 2Last Post: 05-26-2014, 10:28 AM
- By woahohkelsey in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM