Weather on the Lockscreen.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Where is the Lockscreen on the S5 getting it's weather from? Of late the temperature is highly inaccurate. How can this be corrected ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the GPS needs to be on all the time, which by way of experimenting, I have discovered that just leaving it in High Accuracy Mode versus it being OFF only makes about 20-30 minutes difference in battery life overall.

So, I don't turn it off anymore.

IIRC, it is tied to AccuWeather and that is indeed the case, as the screenshot shows. Look at the bottom of the screen, it names the widget that is providing that info.

IIRC it is only programmed to update on 30 minute increments. There is a Refresh Symbol on the homepage that will cause it to update with the latest recorded info.

For myself, I turned off the Weather display on the Lockscreen for the reason you mention. It is out of step too much. Especially for me because I keep data turned off all the time.

Attachments

• Accuweather.jpg
    Accuweather.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 44

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I personally turned off the weather display on the Lockscreen because I use beautiful widgets and also have the Weather channel. Doesn't make sense to have different sources/apps updating every hour plus not to mention GPS running and data being used

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa