Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weather on the Lockscreen.

Where is the Lockscreen on the S5 getting it's weather from? Of late the temperature is highly inaccurate. How can this be corrected ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Default Re: Weather on the Lockscreen.

Not sure but I belive you need the gps on so it knows where you are.
    get in da mix

Yes, the GPS needs to be on all the time, which by way of experimenting, I have discovered that just leaving it in High Accuracy Mode versus it being OFF only makes about 20-30 minutes difference in battery life overall.

So, I don't turn it off anymore.

IIRC, it is tied to AccuWeather and that is indeed the case, as the screenshot shows. Look at the bottom of the screen, it names the widget that is providing that info.

IIRC it is only programmed to update on 30 minute increments. There is a Refresh Symbol on the homepage that will cause it to update with the latest recorded info.

For myself, I turned off the Weather display on the Lockscreen for the reason you mention. It is out of step too much. Especially for me because I keep data turned off all the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weather on the Lockscreen.-accuweather.jpg  
    Verizon Galaxy S5
    Thanked by:

I personally turned off the weather display on the Lockscreen because I use beautiful widgets and also have the Weather channel. Doesn't make sense to have different sources/apps updating every hour plus not to mention GPS running and data being used

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Phone History
    Blackberry Curve > HTC Hero > Blackberry Tour > HTC EVO > Blackberry Bold > Droid X > iPhone 4 > HTC Evo LTE > iPhone 5 > Droid DNA > iPhone 5 > Galaxy S4 > iPhone 5S > Galaxy S5

Twitter: @Shoenflwx