T-Mobile S5 VoLTE Update Feedback

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I'm back to Android, I stayed away from them since 6 months ago & I had an iPhone 5s. I noticed that it has horrible radios for LTE and WiFi as well. That's why I got an s5 and I'm amazed how much stronger it is, I get no dropped calls, everything works perfect. It's day 6 with the phone. I just got the new update that allows to make calls over LTE and it love it, but one thing I've noticed is that my battery dies a bit quicker. I'm in Houston, Texas and I'm within the best areas of tmobile coverage. The first 3 days my galaxy had a shocking battery life, & after the update it significantly went down, anybody else experiencing this ?
My battery is at 15% with 10 hours 39 minutes of being unplugged from a full charge, with 4 hours 10 minutes of screen on time which is 44%, 15% of android system and 10% of OS. I am a heavy user but I think I got much more before the update. I already factory reset the device and deleted all cache from the system. Any other suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Using LTE for the phone calls will cause some more drain... You could try turning VoLTE off and see if it returns your battery life to the way it was :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Bro I feel stupid, lol thanks let me fully charge it and disable VoLTE and let's see the results. Cause it's very firm. Every 3.5 minutes my battery percentage drops by 1% & before the update it lasted me good 7 minutes. Let me see the outcome thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87