Trouble deleting trashed emails from Trash Folder

RJLOMMD

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem deleting all my trashed emails. Since I've gotten the S5 I've been getting rid of emails quickly. They also reside on my PC's Outlook so I decided not to have 875 emails cluttering up the S5.I use the combined view for my 2 non-Gmail accounts. All was working well until recently when there appeared to be 52 emails that remain even after I select all. 42 are from one account and the other 10 from the other account. I've tried deleting the trash from each account separately but the 52 keep reappearing when I "Show all folders" in the combined view (and the 42 from one and 10 from the other when I look at each account).

How can I delete this peskly "deck-of-cards" (52) emails? I guess the most drastic would be to delete the two accounts and start all over, but I'm curious to know how it might have happened in the first place.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's a picture of the situation. The only difference in the 3rd image is that after I delete, what shows as remaining in the trash is 52.

Attachments

• TEMP IMAGES.jpg
    TEMP IMAGES.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 10

Neecie57

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the same exact problem. The solution that worked for me involved 2 steps.
1) Go to the webmail server of the applicable email account and empty the trash folder
2) Delete and reinstall the email account on your android device (Samsung Galaxy S5). Note: before deleting the account, go to your account settings and note the format and info for your incoming and outgoing servers, your username...
Doing one without the other did not alleviate the problem. Reinstalling the account while the trash folder on the server was the only scenario that worked for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty