System update?

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
It pops up all the time on the notification bar. It says systym update with a clock sighn and if you click it you see that.
edymyneq.jpg

ypy6aqyq.jpg

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I am on sprint and downloaded the wifi calling update 2 weeks ago. I also have noticed that at least once a day it says system update with the check mark in the notification panel for about 5-10 seconds then its gone. Pretty sure it is just checking for available updates. It's odd as I never saw this before until about a week ago.

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Sprint user as well. I watched my phone like a hawk the few times I saw this pop up. No changes in Storage space, so I'm pretty sure it's a daily check to see whether or not there's an update. I say daily, but it seems to be more or less every 12-16hrs. But in the end, I think it's simple just checking for an update. I wouldn't stress.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phone here,

Samsung Updates showed up last night for the first time in ages. Did not say what it did, but I let it run and all is well.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phone here,

Samsung Updates showed up last night for the first time in ages. Did not say what it did, but I let it run and all is well.

guess I spoke too quick,

here it is a day later and Samsung Updates is griping again and again.... can't find a dang thing wrong with the phone.

I went to the updates link Samsung Updates Latest Firmware - LIVE! and I don't see anything different that it was.

Was is different that you see?

never mind, I realize now that it is just a different name for Samsung Essientials.

Whoopity do
DOH,21.gif.pagespeed.ce.goqYDAXm59.gif