Galaxy s5 active case/screen protector

Rob79

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for my s5 active to arrive. Does anybody think the device needs any case or screen protector? Or just use as it us. Thanks

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at one at the att store. I don't think so. But a screen protector is a good idea.

Posted via Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Waiting for my s5 active to arrive. Does anybody think the device needs any case or screen protector? Or just use as it us. Thanks

You are spending big bucks on the new device. Spend a bit more and protect it well. There are many threads in these forums that discuss this topic. Take a real look and see what others are doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I do not have a case on my S5 Active. I do have a glass screen protector on it though.

So far, so good. I dropped it once onto a wood floor from about 3 feet and nothing happened.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I understand no case on the "active" as that was the design. On the vanilla S5 my thought is to protect it well. I have the OtterBox Defender, well worth the investment I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Whether it not it needs a case is up you. Just taking my S5 in and out of my pocket it feels slippery so I bought a case. The only rugged good looking case I found was through Amazon. I'll post the link below. It was 24.99. I wasn't sure what to expect, however I'm very happy with it. It feels solid and offers more rubbery grip on the phone. I would compare it to an otterbox defender but half the price. Not sure if otterbox even offers a case for the Active model. They didn't when I bought mine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KPRVPK2/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1