S5 randomly vibrates

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
So I have noticed lately during the middle of the night, my phone will vibrate like I got a notification. When I check, there is nothing. What is causing this?

Posted via Android Central App

DattEagle

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Guess it does that cause its in vibrate mode.

I have had my s5 mini for a couple weeks now, it randomly vibrates. I have the phone on mute and it is not plugged in with %99 of battery left, it's already vibrated once while typing this post. Any cures?
Thanks

DattEagle

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking it might vibrate because I'm getting emails. It vibrates 2-3 times a night.

But there is no notification, it vibrates like it would for a txt, but even when it's on mute. When the volume is up, it uses the txt tone, I only just noticed this. It's like there's a notification, but they're is none?? I'm completely stumped

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have yahoo mail app and it doesn't show a notification just vibrates. This is my guess. I still would like to know for sure

DattEagle

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have yahoo mail app and it doesn't show a notification just vibrates. This is my guess. I still would like to know for sure

I don't have the mail app installed, im considering doing a full back up to the cloud? and then factory reset. How can I backup everything?

Boredjokker

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's isn't a phantom as the vibration is audible and tactile. It will vibrate randomly. No email. No text. Not a single notification. Not related to battery at 100% either. My current theory is that it could be tied to the screen locking/ going dark. It also chimes the notification as well.

Austin185

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. It's isn't a phantom as the vibration is audible and tactile. It will vibrate randomly. No email. No text. Not a single notification. Not related to battery at 100% either. My current theory is that it could be tied to the screen locking/ going dark. It also chimes the notification as well.

That is exactly what happens to me. Not sure about that theory though. My phone is locked all night and it still does it.

MellyJoy

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
You go under setting under personalization then you click accessibility then vision n then under Notification Reminder u click off n that's what FINALLY fixed mine.

circle2

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
My Notification Reminders were already off, as are all other vibrations and ringtones and still, periodically through the night it wakes me up by dinging and vibrating. Hate it.

Yatsayah H

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
But there is no notification, it vibrates like it would for a txt, but even when it's on mute. When the volume is up, it uses the txt tone, I only just noticed this. It's like there's a notification, but they're is none?? I'm completely stumped

Mine does the exact same thing I was thinking I could have downloaded a bad app that's causing it to do that

kyriacou48

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
It's the Smart Alert feature. The phone vibrates when you have any sort of phone call, message or other notifications pending.

To turn it off, do the following:

Settings > Motion and Gestures > Smart Alert

Hope this helps :)

Edit: Hmm, random vibrating might not be caused by this - this is only for when the phone is touched/picked up. The feature might not work consistently, so maybe try turning it off.

Jory Byrd

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm sitting here waiting on a reply from someone to sell magic cards. Phone had a locked screen for a couple minutes, I don't have yahoo email installed, barely anything more than factory apps installed, I don't use the smart gestures thing, I turn off a lot of things I don't use. It started randomly vibrating here and there so I thought it was my reply, yet no notifications. After a few vibrations I decided to place my hand on my phone to see if it could be anything like phantom vibrations. Lo and behold, it vibrated under my hand. Completely random