- 7 Posts
First Android and it won't lock
I just bought the S5 after literally months of research and I think it's defective! :/
I setup my finger prints, alternate password, and set lock screen to FP reader. Locked the screen and when I went to unlock it all I had to do was swipe up on the screen. No code or FP required. BUT if I power off and on the phone it will ask for my FP the very first time I unlock the phone but never again.
I would love to think I'm just an Android Newb and I'm missing a setting.
If it matters; This is a 16gb AT&T version bought from Wally World (Walmart)
Also, I've already checked for any system updates.
- 07-31-2014, 12:52 AM #2
Re: First Android and it won't lock
Welcome to Android Central! On my Nexus 5, there is a setting for screen timeout (under Settings>Display), and a separate setting for when to automatically lock the phone (under Settings>Security). The screen timeout setting only tells the phone how long to wait while idle before turning off the screen. The automatic lock setting tells the phone how long to wait before the phone locks. If those two intervals are different, then you could potentially have the screen time out, then be able to wake the phone again without having to enter the unlock code or pattern. Is there a similar setting on your S5?
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2015, 01:19 AM
- By Emilyhust in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2014, 11:02 PM
- By MONDINGO in forum LG G3Replies: 7Last Post: 07-30-2014, 11:10 PM
- By Bobbman in forum LG G3Replies: 5Last Post: 07-30-2014, 10:46 PM
- By Kevin Hong in forum Android GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2014, 10:09 PM