Software Update Removed Keyboard Sound - Please Help!

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Ever since I updated my S5 a couple of days ago, none of the keyboards emit sound as I type. I initially thought it was a SwiftKey issue, but I've since tried the stock keyboard as well as others and none of them work. It also randomly disabled my text messaging notifications, so I'm inclined to believe that there's a hidden setting somewhere that I'm just not finding. Has anyone else had this problem?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Try settings > language and input > keyboard and input methods and go to the settings for the keyboard you're using. There should be an option for sound when typing.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I just tried that and sound is enabled for all keyboards. I tried maxing out the volume, turning the different keyboards on and off, and a battery pull but no dice.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I just tried that and sound is enabled for all keyboards. I tried maxing out the volume, turning the different keyboards on and off, and a battery pull but no dice.

When you adjust the volume, is there a settings icon? Sometimes it only adjusts media or ringer volume, and not system volume.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress