Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    I recently replaced my iPhone 4S with a S5 and am having one nagging problem - I cannot get directions from the MAPS app to come thru the audio system of my 2011 Audi A6. I had no problems whatsoever doing this with my iPhone. I have read a number of threads where people have had similar problems but none were specific to the Audi's audio (MMI) system. I have paired and re-paired the S5 with the car numerous times and have tried countless possible solutions, but the navigation directions always and only come thru the phone's speaker. With the car's radio on, this becomes a problem. With my iPhone, the radio broadcast would cut out whenever directions (using Google Maps) were spoken.

    Can anyone, especially Audi owners who have this issue solved, provide any help so that directions come thru my car's speakers? I assume it can be done but please correct me if this is not the case.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    Does your car support Bluetooth audio streaming? You should also check if the Bluetooth setting on the phone has media audio enabled for the audi Bluetooth connection

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
  3. #3  

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    Does your A6 support Bluetooth *media* streaming?

    My 09 A4 only supports phone via Bluetooth. I had to install an aftermarket Bluetooth receiver to get it to play media/routing directions through the stereo.

    -Suntan
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    Quote Originally Posted by AshManMB View Post
    Does your car support Bluetooth audio streaming? You should also check if the Bluetooth setting on the phone has media audio enabled for the audi Bluetooth connection

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I assume the car supports Bluetooth audio streaming since I never had any issues playing music, making calls of getting navigation directions to come over the car's speakers when I had my iPhone. With the S5. the only thing not coming thru the car's speakers are navigation directions. However, when I look at the Bluetooth profile for my car when I open Bluetooth on the S5, the only profile that appears is for phone media. I have been unable to figure out how to create an additional profile. My other car has two profiles listed on the phone - one is for the phone and the other is (I believe) called audio media.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Does your A6 support Bluetooth *media* streaming?

    My 09 A4 only supports phone via Bluetooth. I had to install an aftermarket Bluetooth receiver to get it to play media/routing directions through the stereo.

    -Suntan
    Please take a look at the previous reply I just posted as it may give you additional thoughts on my problem. I do not think that I need an aftermarket Bluetooth receiver since everything worked when I had my iPhone. It doesn't seem reasonable that changing phones would necessitate getting a Bluetooth receiver when the car's audio system worked perfectly when I had my iPhone. Now, the only thing not working is Maps.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    I called Audi technical support yesterday and the rep told me that the S5 is not yet on their list of tested/approved devices. She said that because they have not done any testing, some Bluetooth features such as making calls, playing music may work on some Audis while others such as navigational directions may not. She told me the sequence of buttons on the Audi MMI to press that resets it and grabs the newest software from Audi. I did that reset and nothing changed....still no audible directions coming over the speakers from the Maps app. Still looking for ideas to try or hearing from others who have had better luck than me.
  7. #7  
    ingenium's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    Quote Originally Posted by sartick View Post
    I called Audi technical support yesterday and the rep told me that the S5 is not yet on their list of tested/approved devices. She said that because they have not done any testing, some Bluetooth features such as making calls, playing music may work on some Audis while others such as navigational directions may not. She told me the sequence of buttons on the Audi MMI to press that resets it and grabs the newest software from Audi. I did that reset and nothing changed....still no audible directions coming over the speakers from the Maps app. Still looking for ideas to try or hearing from others who have had better luck than me.
    What's the button sequence to get the newest MMI? I didn't realize it was able to be updated without taking it to the dealership.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: S5 Bluetooth Connectivity with Audi MMI

    It was a simple seuence but I did it while I talked to the rep on the phone. I do not remember it, but I suspect that you can get it by googling tit or calling Audi.

Similar Threads

  1. i am unable to connect my tab to pc
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 12:06 PM
  2. Text Message with photo
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 02:49 PM
  3. Just got my S5, and have a question about Applications :)
    By takuma089 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 11:23 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 07:54 AM
  5. q regarding flashing my kernel with a battery saving mod
    By gargavf in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2014, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions