Bye bye fruit phone.... =]

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the Galaxy s5 this Sept. 21. (That's when my contract runs out) trading in my iPhone 5 for the s5.....

I so can not wait to get it in my hands! Yay! Oh and hello all! 😉

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Before you deactivate you iPhone, make sure you do the following steps on the this site or you will have a texting nightmare on your hands: Fix iPhone iMessage Not Sending Texts To Non-Apple Phones - Business Insider . Members here may also have a few suggestions. I switched from iPhone to Android this April and couldn't be happier; I was with iPhone for 5 years and this is my first Android. It will take a little time to get used to the layout and how things function but once you get that down it's smooth sailing.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome and enjoy. I am very happy with my decision to move from the iPhone to the S5. This community is very helpful if you have questions once you get it.

TexasS5

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5 as well and switched to the galaxy s5, it's been a great move

Sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I would go ahead and turn off imessage and deactivate find my iPhone, deregister my phone number, disconnect my device from iTunes, etc. That way there is ample time for your number to be out of Apple's system. The sure don't make it easy to switch!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the Galaxy s5 this Sept. 21. (That's when my contract runs out) trading in my iPhone 5 for the s5.....

I so can not wait to get it in my hands! Yay! Oh and hello all! ������

Let us know what you think of the device when you get it.

indigogrl79

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting my white galaxy s5 this month on the 21st. I will totally have pictures for you guys... (I already have a poka dot case and glitter screen protector for it) plus a $50 google play card.👍

punk999

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
How new is s5? Is there a new s6 around the corner?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

S5 only came in April, it would be at least 8 months before a new one arrives, however a metallic version is in work also a S5s is also supposed to come out.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you wait for note 4

Why does everyone say this? The Note's a fine device to say the least, but not everyone in the market for a new pickup truck is going to want to buy a F350 Superduty.... She likes the S5 enough for her to drop her iFruit and leave Apple behind. Let her be. :)

ianeb

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guy's, I too have dropped my iPhone this year. Can't really explain why, well I can kinda, the price of the new iPhone is ridiculous and I don't like contracts. I am also just a bit bored with iOS 7 and 8, I was testing 8 since it was announced and nothing that different. I still can't move my icons where I want, only where Apple want them to be, very annoying!

Anyway, I should receive my S5 in a day or two and I was wondering if there was a guide or tips on what to do first? I have had a look and can't find anything. What I want to know is things like this;
1) Shall I root straight away? I have read many positives to this, and I would like to remove all Samsungs bloat rubbish! Not bothered about ROMS etc.
2) Which root? I have heard it voids warranty, something about knox? Is it reversible incase I need to send it in for repair?
3) What is the greenify app i have read about? Should I install it?
4) any other tips you recommend before setting up the phone? I don't want to have to start over and over !

Thanks in advance, looking forward to joining in more conversations

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
3) What is the greenify app i have read about? Should I install it?

I'll grab this one...

Greenify is a pretty slick app.. You'd be surprised at how much power is used up when your phone's screen is off... apps all over the place wake your phone up to do who knows what.... what Greenify does is 'hibernate' apps and keep them from running in the background when your phone is sleeping. If you have an app with a habit of running uselessly in the background and devouring your battery (*cough*Facebook*cough*), Greenify should help reduce that.

You don't NEED root to use it, but it allows for some more advanced features.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886