Charging port cover won't stay closed.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess my port cover is worn out, it's still connected but won't stay closed. To be honest, I have wondered how long before this happened. Anyone else experiencing this?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of this but I haven't experienced it. Just remove it and be done with it if you're not concerned with the water resistance. There's one screw you must remove on the bottom of the phone just under the speaker (on back). After this, lift the plastic piece up and it slides out.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of this but I haven't experienced it. Just remove it and be done with it if you're not concerned with the water resistance. There's one screw you must remove on the bottom of the phone just under the speaker (on back). After this, lift the plastic piece up and it slides out.

Thanks, I may end up giving that a try.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got it off, no problem. I've never had a problem with water before and this is the 1st water resistant phone I've had. You know what that means, this one will land in a puddle somewhere.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got it off, no problem. I've never had a problem with water before and this is the 1st water resistant phone I've had. You know what that means, this one will land in a puddle somewhere.

Probably. Then you have a reason to get a new phone!