Trying to transfer contacts from iPhone to Galaxy S5 - says it's encrypted - what do I do?

thcguy12

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Trying to transfer contacts from IPhone to Galaxy s5 - says it's encrypted - what do I do?

So I lost my IPhone - don't have it to create a new backup.

I got a Samsung S5 and am trying to use Smart Switch on the PC to use the latest ITunes Backup to restore my contacts into the new phone.

I get a message the file is encrypted or corrupted and I need to un-encrypt it before I can do this.

Well when I call customer service they say without the old phone there is nothing I can do.
Some articles online point towards a way to un-encrypt the file just using the MY COMPUTER on my PC.

What do I do - I had thousands of contacts. HELP!?!?!

Philtronic

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trying to transfer contacts from IPhone to Galaxy s5 - says it's encrypted - what do I do?

any possible backup in iCloud ??

Ph.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trying to transfer contacts from IPhone to Galaxy s5 - says it's encrypted - what do I do?

my guess is -

1. buy new iPhone.
2. sync/restore new iPhone with iTunes Backup including Contacts.
3. sync new iPhone Contacts with Google Gmail Contacts.
4. sync Galaxy S5 with Google Gmail Contacts.
5. wipe new iPhone to factory state and return to store for full refund.
6. remove new iPhone device and phone number from your Apple account.

good luck.

colyn1353

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Did you backup your contacts to your computer also or just to icloud.. If you have them backed up to your computer you might be able to recover..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87