How do I change the default home screen?

Skip Geel

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Change Default Home Screen

I know it is possible to change the default screen which is displayed when you press the Home Button on the Samsung Galaxy S5, because I did it accidently. But it happened while I was trying to get the ringing phone out of my pocket. I do not know how to change it back. Suggestions for other types of phones have not worked. Help!

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Change Default Home Screen

This from a similar discussion elsewhere on AC:

Manage Home Screens
Your phone comes with four home screens by default, and
you can add more, up to a total of seven. You can also
rearrange the home screens in a different order.
1. From the Home screen, pinch the screen.
– or –
Touch and hold an empty space on the screen.
2. Use these options to manage screens:
• Add a screen: Scroll to the end of the screens, and then tap
on a screen to add it.
• Remove a screen: Touch and hold on a screen, and then
drag it to the Remove icon.
• Set a screen as the main home screen: Tap at the
top of a screen. This screen displays when you press the
Home Key.
• Change the order of screens: Touch and hold on a screen,
and then drag to a new position

bac_jac

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for this post. This change somehow happened to both my and my husband's galaxy s5 phones, and it has been driving us crazy how to change them back (especially as neither of us knows how we got them moved off being our home screens in the first place!) Just fixed mine, and will fix his at lunch! Thanks, again! Betty C.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the S5 forum. :)

I don't use Samsung devices myself but I believe you may have activated a feature called Easy Home or Simple Home or similar. Try resetting your default Home screen to normal in Settings, Apps, Defaults.

(Edit...Reply was to a question about home screens, now deleted.)

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

minka kova

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

THANK YOU! i have prelude 2 and was trying for days to figure out how to get the extra page i added off, and to make the home button take me back to the correct page. i didnt realize you could "pinch" the page...i was able to fix everything from there!

LvScience

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the help, good answer.
I feel better just knowing I'm not the only human who was being driven to distraction by this setting issue. I
'm also fascinated by the fact that so many humans have managed to goof up their phones simply by USING them...putting them in a pocket, picking them from off the floor. Maybe a person at Samsung will read this and "*****-proof" their phones! No offense intended, as I am one of the idiots...

Happy holidays to all users of technology-
LvScience

timmyleeturner

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

This doesn't work on Android 7.1, new Nokia 6. I can create new homescreens, but can't set the default one... it's always the one on the left. Which means I'll have to move ALL of my icons around.... bummer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress